Sunday, June 12, 2011

Road Trip


Dutton's Salt Lake City Adventure.....Day 1

Today i got up late (because I slept in on the seond day of summer vacation). When i got up my parents were at my little sisters dance recital for Miss Laura's school of dance. When they got back we packed up the car to leave for Salt Lake City. We had to wait for my mom to get home to take pictures (she always has to take pictures ) and left for Salt Lake City, Utah.

On the way to Iowa, in Madison, we almost died because someone droped their clothes in the road and we almost hit a BMW and swerved through the traffic!!! I almost threw up!! While we calmed down we made are way to the Bloody Run in Iowa. When we stopped at the Bloody Run (a beautiful river with mayflies and spinners rising everywhere) There's beautiful plants every were, except for the nettles. If they get under your skin they hurt like an son of a gun. On the river, there were trout siping bugs off the surface of the water. I like to listen to the gental gurgal of the water.

We set up the rods and hit the river. When we left, we'd caught a total fish count of 13 fish. Dad had 8 fish, Kramer had 2, and I got 3. we were catching native browns on size 16 olive bead head hares ear nymphs, that we bought at Cabala's. While there, I saw my fierend Noah's mom.

On the river, I got something in my eye. My eye got so irritated that it swelled my eye shut and I couldn't see anything. My allergies got really bad, and i had to take lots of medicine (sudifed, actifed, allegra, allergy eye drops and some other stuff). I couldn't see and my nose was running. Alergies are no fun.

After the fly fishing, we got Casey's pizza for dinner. I didn't eat any of it because i didn't feel good because I had a belly full of snot. We got way too much pizza because my brother Kramer is soooo abscessed with food and how he as to constantly eat. We needed to get to Nebraska to sleep, so we drove all the way through Iowa to Omaha. We got to the hotel (Hampton Inn & suites) at 2:30 am. then, we went to bed.......
More to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment